Diabetes is classified into two broad groups, namely, type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Type 1 diabetes is caused when the pancreatic cells producing natural insulin in the body have been destroyed. This causes a lack of insulin in blood. Type 2 diabetes is caused when the cells present within the body are unable to adequately respond to the anti-diuretic hormone produced by the body. Symptoms of diabetes in men will largely depend on the type of diabetes that has affected the body system.
Symptoms of Diabetes in Men – Type 1
Some of the prominent symptoms for type 1 diabetes include:
- There may be an increase in the frequency and volume of urination because of an increased urge to drink water.
- You may feel hungry constantly over time.
- There may be noticeable weight loss despite of continuous eating.
- You may experience unexplained fatigue and tiredness, accompanied by nausea, vomiting and persistent headaches.
- There may be a feeling of confusion in the things you say or do.
- Severe type 1 diabetes can even lead to bed wetting.
- There may be a fruity odour in your breath.
- Type 1 diabetes often leads to erectile dysfunction in men which means impotency.